Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fall Collection


I had this grand scheme to knit exclusively for fall and winter during the late spring and entire summer months. For once when the cold weather finally creeps in I will actually have something to wear before the tail end of the season. A great idea until it hits 85 degrees and I'm sitting with an almost entire Tangled Yoke Cardigan on my lap. Rowan Felted Tweed is glorious stuff. The 25% alpaca content makes for a surprisingly warm sweater given its lighter than air weight. It does not, however, glide easily through sweaty fingers. The weather finally turned hot just as the end was in sight and only the button bands remained. I pushed on. I was a little unhappy with the floppiness of the first attempt at the button band so ripped out and went down to a size 1 from a size 2 needle (main body knit in size 3 and went down to size 2 for arm ribbing and accidentally picked up the smaller needle again when doing the yoke, but liked the results so went ahead with it). Finished up left side, was on bind-off row of right side before I noticed I did the second button band in the larger needle size. Arrgh heat make me stooopid. 1 row button holes do not frog easily. Finally finished though.

1 comment:

Cate said...

It's beautiful! Someday I'll knit myself a full sweater, about the closest I've gotten is a tank top. I think I'm a summer knitter at heart though.