Monday, January 14, 2008

Don't Leave Home Without Them

On to knitting resolution number two: finish a sock a week (or half a pair). Inspired by Kelly Petkun’s recent entry about knitting socks on the go I decided to pop into World Market and see if the have any of the cute bags she bought to carry hers around in. They had piles of bags to sort through and I couldn't remember what hers looked like. I ended up picking out the exact same type though because they are, well, the perfect sock size. The length is just right as well for hanging around my neck and working from. For me anyway. Someone who's less shall we say vertically challenged might find it a little too short. Added bonus: they were on clearance for 50% off. Yay. I got a pink one and a brown one. I managed to keep them with me for the last two weeks. I always knew in theory I could be getting more knitting done if I remembered to carry it everywhere I went. But holy gussets batman I’m amazed at how fast I got these done (a six hour round trip car ride the weekend before last may have helped). I’ve already cast-on for my second pair and was able to get a good chunk started and maintain some sanity at the same time during the 40 minutes we waited to be served Sunday brunch.



Details: Plain old garter rib socks in Regia Line Steps Color for my husband's gigantic size 11 feet. Knit 2 at a time from the toe up with yarn over short- row heels



No comments: