Wednesday, January 23, 2008

There She Grows

Last week I made speedy progress on the Central Park Hoodie. I guess because it's such a simple pattern repeat and the action only happens every 10th row, I ended up hurrying up to get to the “action rows”. I sped through the back and up to the armpit shaping on each side in over a weekend. Then I had to put it down for a week because my wrists were killing me.


I had to pin to the blocking board to make sure it was stretched out width-wise before I measured it for length. I don't want to repeat the DOH! moment I had while making the Cabled Hoodie from Paton's Street Smart (currently in hibernation). I measured for length whilst it sat on my lap, later when stretched out to the correct width after binding off I was horrified to discover it only reached my navel.



Today is National Pie Day! This would be the PIE day (not the pi day 3/14).
A holiday brought to you by the American Pie Council. Apparently you can become a member of the Pie Council of America for one 35 dollar lifetime payment. Membership benefits include a subscription their newsletter Pie Times and access to the member’s only section of their website called Pie Talk.

No comments: