Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Tame That Stash

Back to the stash again- anyway, after much soul searching I have come to the realization that it's not the amount of yardage that's bothering me it's the amount of room it's taking up. Light bulb moment: to get rid of volume stop reaching for the fingering weight for a while (except socks of course) and go for the bulkiest stuff first! Duh! I don't remember the last time I cast-on with anything heaver than DK weight. But here is the worst offender in the you’re taking too much of my limited stash space please take up space elsewhere (maybe the closet) category:



9 hanks of Carodan Farm Worsted Weight in the Blackberry colorway. I don't usually like purple but this color is an exception, warm, varied with flecks of deep cherry, burgandy and a lighter heatherd gray that will mask any cat hair that makes it's way in. Rustic factor maybe a bit too high though, even for me. Smells pretty ripe, fairly full of chaf, and extremly scratchy. I cast on for a gauge swatch in hopes of doing the Central Park Hoodie with it last night and this morning awoke with what only can be described as rug burn on the tips of my left pinky and index finger. Not an encouraging sign. Seems to have softened up a bit in the wash. I'll try to reserve judgement until after the swatch has dried.


No comments: